https://rolandparkplace.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/rpp-logo-white-box-roland-park-sign.jpg 284 454 Megan Hegarty https://rolandparkplace.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/logo-2021.png Megan Hegarty2020-12-03 19:44:562020-12-18 16:46:48A Message From a Grateful Resident
Below is a lovely message of thanks from a current resident to our Director of Rehab: Dear Lindsay: Thank you so much for your wonderful care of me during speech therapy. It was especially nice to find that you understood my needs so well. I appreciate your effectiveness in delving into my particular needs. Without your encouragement and questioning skills, I would not have been able to express my needs. Below is some of what I learned:
- I improved in my ability to find the words I desire to use.
- You taught me to be less embarrassed when I couldn’t find the word I wanted.
- I was having a problem remembering all my appointments and obligations each day. You devised an easy to use system within my appointment book that solved my problem.
- I learned to complete each task before I started the next task, therefore not forgetting what I had first started to do..
- You encouraged me to slow down in all thinking aspects, allowing for less mistakes.
- You helped me understand how to verbally deal with each resident, from the very competent to those who are quite verbally impaired.
- I learned to let other speakers complete their thoughts before I spoke.
- I now try to eliminate tangential comments.